Ames Exploration Technology Directorate
The Ames Exploration Technology Directorate's mission is to be world-class creators and facilitators of
innovative, intelligent, high-performance and reliable exploration technologies that will enable
current and future NASA missions.
- 10-09-2012 - Mission Control Technologies Goes Open Source
- Mission Control Technologies (MCT) is now Open Source software, available under the Apache 2.0 license.
- 10-3-2012 - Dr. Irving Statler receives the Wesley L. McDonald Distinguished Statesman of Aviation Award
- Dr. Irving Statler from the Human Systems Integration Division is the recipient of the National Aeronautics Association's Distinguished Statesman of Aviation award
- 09-27-2012 - Simulations Uncover "Flashy" Secrets of Merging Black Holes
- According to Einstein, whenever massive objects interact, they produce gravitational waves -- distortions in the very fabric of space and time
- Exploration Mission
This is the home of the Exploration Systems Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters.
- ISS Flash
Explore the International Space Station in this Flash-powered site.
The Exploration Technology Directorate's Viz 3D software application enabled the Mars Exploration Rover (MER) team to visualize a virtual Martian environment to select science targets and choose the safest path for the rovers to reach them.